From Discover Newquay
Here are some tips on how to enjoy and preserve the beauty of Newquay's Beaches
- Check the public notice boards for information on water quality, currents and emergency phones.
- Follow any advice from lifeguards and understand the system of safety flags.
- Never leave young children unsupervised.
- Do not swim when the sea is rough, or where there are known currents or riptides.
- Do not use inflatable beds or toys - currents can easily take you out of sight.
- Swim parallel to the shore rather than out to sea.
- Do not swim immediately after a meal and never after drinking alcohol.
- If you've been ill after bathing report the illness to Surfers Against Sewage Tel: 0845 458 3001
- If you see someone in trouble, alert the lifeguards, or contact the Coastguard (999) - DO NOT ATTEMPT to rescue them yourself, unless you are qualified and have help.
- Take your rubbish home, especially nappies, or place in a bin - burying it is no solution.
- Keep your dog from fouling the beach - comply with dog bans or clean up after your dog. Bag It and Bin It - Please don't flush it.